Saturday, January 12, 2008

Christmas 2007








Last year at Christmastime, I was sick! But this year, I managed to escape the fever induced ailments. We had a crazy busy day packed full of events. We started out the day by sleeping in. Oh heaven! Then, we began our gift exchange by opening our stockings! This was the first year Delia had ever had a stocking... EVER! So it was especially exciting for her. After the stockings were opened, we moved on to the presents under the tree. Delia got me the boxed set of "Anne of Green Gables"! I've been wanting that for a while, and she actually got it! Daniel's present was the one we were all looking forward to! He got a 32'' widescreen LCD flat panel TV! Let me just tell you that we have all benefited from his long-awaited present. It's absolutely fantastic!

After all the presents were opened, Delia made us breakfast. Complete with eggs, sausage, and this amazing cinnamon croissant thing. Ooo! Yummy!

After breakfast, we went to our friends' family Christmas lunch. Lots of food! They have been great letting us in on their family holiday celebrations! Of course all the kids run around playing after their tummies are filled. One of the kids that actually attends our church was so funny. He put on shoes to go outside and got one of his, and one of his sisters. :D It was so cute!

For dinner, we went to our Pastor's house to eat dinner. I made Mom's sweet potatoes, and they were the biggest hit! *Ness, I still need to get you that recipe!* Then we stayed till LATE playing games. It was SO much fun! I actually won Phase 10! Which is pretty amazing considering I was stuck on phase 3 for about an hour!

My Dad and Lynn came to visit later in the week. That was possibly the best gift I could have gotten. I had been missing my dad so much, and it was great to spend a little time with them. :D

All in all, it was a pretty great holiday! Although, I did end up getting strep throat for New Year's! But I'm better now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the new TV is something I can share! Hope everyone likes it as much as I do!

Vanessa said...

OHHHH....i'm so hungry for more of those sweet potatoes...so yummy!!!!

It was so fun having you guys over...I love playing games on Christmas day too...made it feel like a real Christmas for the first time in a while!

Unknown said...

Ho ho ho... Merry Christmas. :D

Love,
Sissy

Hannah said...

I especially liked the kid with the non-matching girly shoes!