Saturday, July 29, 2006

Growing older

It may just be that I turned another year older this week. It may not be. It may just be that I see tons of people all day at work. But I'm getting older... I have officially moved into the "ma'am" world. I can't get away from it. It's not so much older individuals that call me ma'am. It's the young ones. The students. The 14 year old construction workers that cause my headaches all day. Ugh. They look at me like, "Ooo, you're cute. But you're too old for me." Come on guys, I'm not that old. Not to mention, you're not my type. I can only imagine by the time I'm 80 years old, nurses in white uniforms are gonna call me sweetie and honey. How weird this world is...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It only gets worse. I was "ma'am" at 18. I love you. You'll always be my "little sister."

Love,
Sissy

Anonymous said...

Amber:
Don't feel bad. I feel old too. I have noticed that my hips have begun to hurt, I have a few grey hairs, and the boy at the desk near mine insists on calling me ma'am even though we are the exact same age!
I was looking for a new template for my blog and stumbled across one that made me think of you and your love of whales. If you check out the link below it is the template called "Nautica."

http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/archives/2006_04_01_blogger-templates_archive.html

Kristi Petrak said...

Hey Amber! Come on--24--old??! We will be young until we're 80! Then, we'll still be young! 24 is actually the happiest and healthiest I've been. Oh, and I hope people don't call you "sweetie" or if they do that you tell them not to. I know you hate that!!!!
Love, K