Sunday, November 13, 2005

Unprofessionalism

Okay, so Daniel and I had our pictures made on Monday. We were given a free 5x7, so we thought we'd take advantage and get our pic made. Plus, since photography is something I would love to be more involved in, I thought I'd go and scope out the competition! ;) After we had picked the one we wanted, they told us to pick up our pic on Friday.

I cannot express to you how unprofessional this photographer was. First of all, he was a smoker. Not that smoking in itself is unprofessional, but he smokes in his studio. So the whole place is filled with the aroma of cigarettes. I came out of the studio feeling gross and dirty. Second, this guy didn't even recognize me on Friday. Hello! I was just there 4 days ago!! He didn't know my name, didn't know when I had been in, didn't know what kind of picture I had ordered, didn't know who was with me in the picture... He blamed it on his wife not being there. Whatever, dude. Oh, and get this. He didn't even have my picture ready. He printed the photo off while I was waiting. I could hear the picture being printed off!!

Not so much for competition. Now if I could just get that digital camera I've had my eye on...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! ^_^

You should have demanded your sitting fee back from that bad photographer!

I've got a blogger, too, but I don't update it except when I'm feeling extrememly creative. But I also have lkemp.livejournal.com if you'd like to read.

Leslie said...

Oh, sorry I forgot to say who I was!

Have fun blogging,
Leslie

Shannon said...

I used to work at PCA. I can honestly say that smoke in the studio affects the picture quality. Also you can get 34 pictures for only $5 at walmart...go on a monday and you'll usually get the manager. They tend to be very good. I get Sophy's pictures taken at least once a month, so i'm learning a lot about where to go and how to do it for the cheaperst!
-Shannon
Visit my Blog!
http://dowagerprincess.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Um... I don't have a blog, nor do I plan to get one, but I enjoyed reading yours. Sorry the portrait thing went so poorly. Of course you could do better.. no question. Where are you having a photo published next month?

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Well...just goes to show you should open up shop. Maybe we could start a business together, we could call it AM Photography (Amber/McGlawn). Haha...I'm sure you get it!!

I bet that photographer hasn't won blue ribbons!!!

Love ya!