Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My true first gig ever



Okay, somewhere along the way, I forgot about the very first wedding that I took pictures at. It was an intimate little wedding. I took these pictures before I ever thought about doing photography full time. I used a 35mm film camera with black and white film. I had the shutter speed too slow, considering the lights were dimmed. But nonetheless, here they are. They are raw, but still show the emotion of such a blessed event. This one's for you, Jess and Dan! Congrats on making this a beautiful committment!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories . . . :)

D

Anonymous said...

Now these photos capture their souls and beauty. It's a shame they're so blurry though. And there's too much wall in the top photo--not to mention they're missing their heads. Could you post more pictures of this event. These don't really display your best workmanship.

Amber said...

well unfortunatly, I gave all the copies I had to this couple. I know I've got the negatives somewhere, but I'm not sure where. There were some good shots of them cutting their cake and drinking sparkling juice, but Jess didn't send me a copy of those.

Anonymous said...

Amber,
Did you want me to send you those photos of the cake and stuff? I will see if I can find them. Sorry I didn't send them in the first place. I just figured you would only want ones of people. I sent Dan the link to your site. He said he was excited to be "famous." What a Goober! Thanks for putting our photos up! Call me sometime.
Jess

Amber said...

Jess, I thought there were some of you and Dan with the cake and drinks. Go ahead and send me the ones you find. I may or may not post them, but it would be good to have in my collection.

Amber