Monday, June 05, 2006

Missing momma


I've had a rough couple of days. I finally realized that this is real. My momma really isn't coming back. I'll never hug her again. Never see her smile or laugh (which was contagious!). I can never ask her advice anymore. What am I going to do? I'm even going to miss taking care of her. Even though it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, I'm going to miss it. Yesterday, I was looking through some cabinets and found her "peaches and cream" oatmeal. I just about lost it... again. I wanted to be able to make that for her again so bad. Sigh. Boy, this is going to take a long time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending my love.

Unknown said...

I love you. *sigh*

Hugs,
Sissy

Anonymous said...

I'm so so very sorry.

I wish I could do something to help you.

-Amanda

Laurie said...

Amber,
Losing my mother was the most painful experience of my life. My heart literally ached. I cried every day for about 3 weeks. I ran to the phone to tell her about what my kids were doing. I wanted to go shopping with her. I wanted to smell her too. IT IS TOUGH...but someway, somehow, we manage to keep living.

Grieve at your own pace and in your own way. God is with you and your mom is DEFINITELY smiling down on you, Melinda, your dad, and the rest of the family.

Prayers continue........

HUGS,
Laurie
aka lola

Amber said...

Thank you so much for caring about Mom, Mel, and me. It is tough. And every day is different. It's just hard to believe sometimes that she's really gone. I still feel sometimes like I can go hug her or ask her a cooking question. Or just listen to her... saying anything.

Thanks for your prayers. We still need them.