Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lunar Eclipse






When Daniel told me about the upcoming lunar eclipse, I was so excited! I was really looking forward to seeing this amazing event! So, we did our research and figured out when we would need to be awake to watch the eclipse. D even did some research for me on photographing eclipses. So we were armed. We went to bed early Monday night. Set the alarm for 3:15 am. Got up, dressed, and out the door we went. We headed east and found a really good spot. Set up the tripod, and started taking pictures. It was so cool! I kept changing the settings so I could get different effects of the moon. We got home at 5:45 and went right back to bed!

Thought you might want to see what came out.

Before you judge me and my photo-taking abilities, keep in mind that this was my first attempt at catching a lunar eclipse. And I didn't take into account that there would be dew from the early morning. So all my pictures are blurry from the dew buildup. :( I was actually pretty disappointed. But, you live and you learn. At least I'll know what to do for next time! Just try to look past the blur!!!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

so cool! I didn't know anything about the eclipse....thanks for catching it for me : )

Shannon said...

I think they look great! The blur gives it a unique look!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!!! Love them! Aaron got up early to see it but the trees in the back got in the way. Thanks for sharing it with us!

~Jaye T.

Unknown said...

I don't know if it's the same for cameras, but I do know that for a telescope, you're supposed to set it out at least an hour before so it gets used to the moisture.

Looks cool.

Love,
Sissy

Unknown said...

Well, I think what ended up happening was, the closer morning got, the more moisture filled the air. By the time we left it was getting pretty foggy and the water was sticking to every surface.

The clouds showed up well in Ber's pics. They weren't as defined just looking at them. I thought the wispy effect looked good.

We were actually a little west towards where Derek and Hannah live. It was pretty dark!

Anonymous said...

to paraphrase ralph kramden:
'to the moon, amber. to the moon!'

Anonymous said...

Hey girl-I wanna order some prints of those photos! Gorgeous!