Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dark Star Visual






So I started my new job. It's going pretty good so far. Kinda slow, but hopefully things will pick up soon. I work at this place called Dark Star Visual (DSV for short) that was named after a Grateful Dead song. It is a bead shop/ hippy store. The hours are great! For January we're open 11-5. Starting Feb, we're going back to 10-6. Closed Sundays. So I get my evenings back with hubby, and don't have to miss church! Get this, the half of the store I'm currently working in has clothes, jewelry, incense, and other gift items. The other half of the store is full of beads. You can go and make your own jewelry, or pick out what you like and have someone make it for you. So cool. And guess what? My boss, Stacey, said she was going to start training me on the bead room. The girl who is there now will be leaving in May, so that would leave only Stacey to work the bead room. She might like to take a day off every once in a while, so she's going to start training me to make jewelry!! I'm so excited about that! Can't wait! Plus, she's starting to incorporate Precious Metal Clay art into the work... how fun!!

I've posted some pics of the store and two of the girls I work with. The one with the black wig was dressed up for a costume party. She normally has blond hair! And her name is Echo! She has hippy parents. The one with leg warmers on the OUTSIDE of her pants.... yeah, she's crazy! But she's leaving in a couple of weeks. Anyway, enjoy the pics. And if you're ever in the area, you'll have to come and see me!!

No comments: